Hey,

the main cooling pipe running along the front of my engine broke tonight and poured all my water out.Looking to see if anyone knows the part number of it as iv had to leave my car at a mates and it would save stripping the front end off right now.

Would allow me to order a new one tomorow.

Its the main plastic cooling pipe at the front of the block which has an outlet on it and has the clips on it to hold cabling.

Heres a pic:

pipe.jpg

Cheers folks.

Do you reckon the aftermarket part is far superior?

Phoned up the dealers and its only £15 plus vat

But some more shiney engine parts wouldny go a miss lol

well it is metal so won't crack again. once it's on there's not a lot to see as it's hidden under the intake manifold.

As you've only just got your car back I'd go for the quick fix.

P.s. what was causing your running problem in the end?

yeh guess so,wont crack at all.

Just ordered the part straight from the dealers there.Not that expensive and should have it wednesday morning so shall be back going again soon.

I had a feeling it would break though as i had to fix the pipe on fitting the engine but obviously when the cars used for a longer drive the pressure just built up and the weak bit of the system broke.

When it happened i knew exactly what it was so wasnt as worried.

Lol your going to no doubt laugh when i say....after doing everything it ended up the fuel lines were back to front,on my gti they come to the front the other way round and i had put the feed ont he return and vice versa.

Something i had just over looked thinking it was too simple after doing everything else in the conversion.

On the other hand though...with me thinkn it was alot of other things..nearly all parts of the engine have now been checkd,cleaned and refitted etc...even down to new conectors on every earth wire and things like that lol

Lol your going to no doubt laugh when i say....after doing everything it ended up the fuel lines were back to front' date='on my gti they come to the front the other way round and i had put the feed ont he return and vice versa.

[/quote']

no one here will laugh, I'm sure you feel stupid enough without us helping ;-)

Glad you got it sorted in the end and as you say everything else has been fettled so shouldn't give you any problems for years to come.