Which Pistons/Rods/Rebore?

I've got a Corrado VR6 and am wanting to rebuild the engine (for various reasons!) for 2 main reasons;

1, Reliabilty and long term longevity

2, Preperation for stage 2 Supercharge

Now I've read that changing to low compression is recommended for s/c? I've also read that changing to low comp without a s/c is pretty crappy. As theres likely to be at least a year in-between the rebuild and the s/c, is a low comp necessary? I wouldn't want a poor Corrado for at least a year (if this makes sense).

Am I better getting a 2.8 and reboring that to 2.9 than reboring mine? I've heard if I go bigger than 2.9 I could get issues due to the block been too thin??

Would a stage 2 s/c (with recommended cooling stuff) be reliable with a properly rebuilt VR using standard components?

Cheers!

you could get forged standard compression pistons and if you want to lower the compression later use a thicker head gasket.although stage 2 dosent require the compression to be lowerd. people on hear recon the rods are good for 500 bhp so no need to change them.arp head and rod bolts may be a good idea for long term reliability.saying all that if its the vf engineering kit your talking about there made to run perfectly on a standard vr6.