Thanks for a great forum

Some of you guys may also be members on Edition 38 and please believe me when i say this is not a personal attack on anyone's threads/opinions!!! I have just said tata to E38 forums as i am getting tired of threads being locked as soon as a disagreement appears or someone has a controversial view of something. That and the silly amounts of threads about stretched tires and german plates..GRRR

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to everyone on this forum, I dont think i've seen a single thread ever get locked since joining (even when that fruitcake came on slagging off VR's LOL). Everyone gets on well, we can all take a bit of micky take with a pinch of salt and its genuinly a nice forum to be part of!! Pat on the back for us all lol. sorry if it sounds a bit anal but after winging on one forum i thought it olny right to say thanks to those who are doing it right :)

haha steady now mark..... lol

cheers mate' date=' know what you mean ablout ed38...

personly i love this forum too....hence my post count :P

[/quote']

cheers, glad someone can see where i'm coming from. even after putting my comments down as some sort of feedback for the mods on e38, i was branded an attention whore lol WTF?.. anyhow im leaving them to it now, better things to do with my time.... maybe i'll watch paint dry :D

haha steady now mark..... lol

cheers mate' date=' know what you mean ablout ed38...

personly i love this forum too....hence my post count :P

[/quote']

cheers, glad someone can see where i'm coming from. even after putting my comments down as some sort of feedback for the mods on e38, i was branded an attention whore lol WTF?.. anyhow im leaving them to it now, better things to do with my time.... maybe i'll watch paint dry :D

iv found this with golf gti forum http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk

i signed up about 5 years ago, came back on as a new memebr and made a detailed thread about my car, but its been deleted for no reason! pm'd the main moderator and they have give me no explaination...

plus only a moderator can start off a car project thread for you...how stupid

Dont want to get shouted down for asking a silly to some question, but why is it called edition 38 / E38, an E38 sounds like a BMW model number and if I aint wrong it's a 5 series, so not very VW sounding.

Maybe thats why the forum aint to good, they're all confused...LOL

Dont want to get shouted down for asking a silly to some question' date=' but why is it called edition 38 / E38, an E38 sounds like a BMW model number and if I aint wrong it's a 5 series, so not very VW sounding.

Maybe thats why the forum aint to good, they're all confused...LOL

[/quote']

It's called Edition38 firstly from Edition Ones, Edition Blue's, etc (i.e. special editions) and the 38 is the fact that the Wolfsburg factory was built in 1938.

I think that's right anyway, been asked soooo many times on the E38 forums now.

I also think E38 has got very clicky (been like that for a few years now in my opinion), but still find it useful for some stuff as long as you can weed out the rubbish. :-)