About three weeks ago i had new rear wheel bearings discs and pads for the mot but since these have been done i get a kind of whine when starting to move but not all the time, its coming from the d/s/r. Also when driving as you speed up you can hear a very faint (and i mena very faint) pulsing whine which comes and goes but pulsing gets quicker the more you speed up.

Thought it might be the brakes sticking and ive tried adjusting the hand brake cable to no affect. Personally i think its something to do with the bearing but not sure and my mechanic is on honeymoon till next week so he can't take alook till then.

Is there any way the new bearing could be at fault and if so what kind of likely fault could it be..?

If it was adjusted up to tight then this could cause this. Also your stub axal could be damaged.

You wont be able wind your hand brake off from under the ashtray. This will just adjust the amount your handbrake it self moves. U need to wind the pot back in on the caliper itself

You could try jacking each side up and givin them a spin to see if there sticking. Also check for play in the bearings. U want a very small amount of play on the rears

• 2 weeks later...