Hey all i hav a 1990 mk2 jetta gti with a AAA vr lump from a 1998 highline with a raceland 6 branch manifold n a de cat pipe 2 a stainless power flow system but when i get 2 about 4500 revs it feels like it is holding back. I have heard its the manifold design that is making it hold back does that sound like a probable cause?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers shaggy.

yeah some other problem, as mine made 195 - 199 bhp with a 6 branch and airfilter on 3 different rollers.. and it was NOT heatwrapped.. check crank sensor (probaly that), dizzy if you have one, throttle body, maf, the list goes on.

It NEEDS to be heat wrapped otherwise it loses heat and then loses power as it needs the heat to suck gases out is how i understand it

the theory is right fella but in real world terms it makes no discernable diffrence iv ran mine with and without heatwrap and apart from the obvious engine bay temp i saw no diffrence

Thanx 4 all your advice guys i will get sum wrapping at the end of the month wen i get paid. Im goin 2 put it on the diagnostic machine on monday 2 see if it is any wiser. I will post up what it comes up with if anyfing.

Thanx again. Shaggy

Whilst not specially analytical...

the area of 4.5k typically has two main areas to look at no matter what engine.

Spark plugs gapped incorrectly

coilpack/leads starting to breakdown the ignition pulse...

so check the system around these areas...

Whilst not specially analytical...

the area of 4.5k typically has two main areas to look at no matter what engine.

Spark plugs gapped incorrectly

coilpack/leads starting to breakdown the ignition pulse...

so check the system around these areas...

I will check out the plugs etc although it doesnt feel like its miss firing.