Recommended insurance co that accepts modifications?

Hi

I've done a search but not found any up to date results. Basically it's renewal time. My 1997 golf vr6 is in very good nick. I do average miles at ~12k a year and I only have basic mods - just exhaust, filter, and suspension kit. Elephant, my current insurer have let me down and are actually more expensive than over 2 years ago. I'm now 32 with 10 yrs no claims, no points and they want £516!!! I'm 32, not 21!

I have tried Brentacare in the past and found them to not be very helpful or at least the person I spoke to wasn't (I know some people really rate them).

I used to be with Adrian Flux who used to be quite good with my old car but they are very very hard to get hold of, if I remember only being open until 5pm. Are they any good now? Are there any other companies out there that accept basic mods like mine and are very reasonable and helpful and easy to understand when you ring their cust service in event of claims and any good when you actually need to use them? (Some companies are very good taking money but useless when it comes to dealing with claims and paying out.) I've tried the comparison sites but all are no good as they don't deal with mods.

Thanks for any help and info.

Cheers

Last 3yrs i have switched between Brentacre and A.Flux. Both seem alright to me, but then i've never had to claim (touch wood). Only thing i would say with A.Flux that p*sses me off is that they have a £25 admin fee for anything and everything! Something to consider if you plan to make any mid-term changes.

Brentacre are who i'm with... I always Speak to John or Kerry... they are the main two and i've been with them for yrs... I'm 26 wi 12 Points and VR6 with mods and paid 300tpft... fully comp wor 425...

HIC are good too...

Greenlight are good as well...

All companies will charge for a Mid Term adjustment except for address or if your dropping down several groups in which case you'd get some money back...

been with brentacre for 5 years, had aa non fault claim with them (stolen bus wrote off rs cosworth) AND, they didnt budge on the renewal after losing 3 years no-claims. can't see anyone else doing that for you. 29 and 500 fully comp, but i live in a shite area

Ive been with Adrian Flux for 10 years or so. Had a 4k claim at the beginning of the year. Standard car was £675! With all mods declared and 700hp limit it only went to a grand. I was paying £500 last year with 400hp limit.

On the whole premiums and service has been really good.

P.S. Brentacre couldn't even get close to beating Fluxs quotes for the last 2 years.

I was with Adrian Flux up until my renewal earlier this year. I switched to Chris Knott who I found to be very helpful and matched Flux all the way. In the end it came down to who had better terms if paying by instlalments. Worth a try and we get discount with them as VR6OC members.

Kevin