2.9 no quicker than 2.8!

Hi all :)

I have got a 2.9 vr6 motor in my golf and its no quicker than my old 2.8! a few people have said that the corrado is lighter than the golf thats why its quicker, but at the end of the day its still should have approx 10-15 bhp more which should be noticable ~:(

i have got all the paper work from TSR who rebuilt it with larger valves ect and fitted it but cant see anything about the ECU, could it be that its still got the original ECU from the 2.8? i could be completely wrong but any help would be appreciated!

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

Get it on a rolling road to see what it is putting out. If it has not been chipped' date=' that might be something worth considering.[/quote']

Yes thinking of coming along to the one on the 31st of oct to see how it goes, Been considering a chip for a while just dont know where to go? any advice?

The corrados also have a different inlet manifold and throttle body to give a bit more top end as well. Have these been fitted or were the golf ones reused?

To be honest i have no idea! just found the recipt from TSR so might give them a ring and see if they can tell me.

There is a potential that when the engine was rebuilt that the timing chain was out 1 tooth' date=' the engine would still run but be well down on power &| ....Yes it's true, been there had this....not good!!! :( [/quote']

I wouldnt say its well down on power as its the same as my mates 2.8 vr6 just hope TSR can help me out &|

There is a potential that when the engine was rebuilt that the timing chain was out 1 tooth' date=' the engine would still run but be well down on power &| ....Yes it's true, been there had this....not good!!! :( [/quote']

I wouldnt say its well down on power as its the same as my mates 2.8 vr6 just hope TSR can help me out &|

To be honest i dont think there is anything in it between a 2.9 and a late healthy 2.8.

I had a bit of a rumble with a 2.9 Corrado on the way home from Gti Festival and there was nothing in it - if anything i had the edge as i was the chasing car and i was pulling on him top end - in my experience the leading car usually gets the advantage due to getting the toe down slightly before the chasing car.

Then again i know my car has a healthy top end doesnt it Tommy :P

Pete.

[ Edited Sun Sep 19 2004, 07:09PM ]

To be honest i dont think there is anything in it between a 2.9 and a late healthy 2.8.

I had a bit of a rumble with a 2.9 Corrado on the way home from Gti Festival and there was nothing in it - if anything i had the edge as i was the chasing car and i was pulling on him top end - in my experience the leading car usually gets the advantage due to getting the toe down slightly before the chasing car.

Then again i know my car has a healthy top end doesnt it Tommy :P

Pete.

[ Edited Sun Sep 19 2004' date= 07:09PM ]

lmfao................i let you win..... :P:P:P;) ....honest :P

[ Edited Sun Sep 19 2004, 07:29PM ]