Help value my VR

OK. I'm 55 this year and due to ongoing health probs the time has come to sell my VR after 8 yrs. I've only done 2.5K miles in the last year and less than 9K in the last 3 yrs. It's a MK3 Golf 1997 2 door with <71K on the clock. It has a ZR2 Charger fitted by Stealth and did 270bhp on their rollers. Vince said best they had seen.Since then had Ridgeway racing bi-metal 4.2 kg flywheel and Black Diamond clutch assembly, Vibratec engine mounts..6 branch S/S manifold, decat pipe and full Supersprint zorst. Gearbox was fitted with Quaife ATB diff and fully rebuilt with all new bearing, seals etc. Weitec TX top adjustable struts with approx 60 mm drop. Eibach arb's and EVERYTHING Powerflex bushed including lower front wishbones. All suspension work done by Steve Cresswell @ C&R. Full Snappy Interior leather, everything ie MK3 Recaros door pockets, rear parcel shelf etc.Rear seats have never been sat on! Image 3 piece alloys 8.5 x15 with black centres. Oh yeah, B & M quickshift and a bunch of other stuff. I put this car together to go and handle well. 0 -60 in 5.8secs. pulls from 35 in top,all the way to 150+ does 26-28 around town and 38+ on a run and is around the 300hp mark. No rust but would look better for a respray. I've got about 25K in this car.Every time I drive it I wanna keep it! but it's now on the drive 'cos my '66 camper takes priority on garage space. I don't think I'll take less than £5000. Any help valuing this will be much appreciated.

OK. Thanks for that guys., it gives me a better idea, and your value is nearer what I thought and better than a couple of local lads telling me I'd be lucky to get better than 4K for it. I've thought about the possibility of selling some of the bits seperately but it's such a lovely 'package' as is I'd rather someone else got the fun out of it that I've had. I will post some pics as soon as I can get my son to do it for me! I struggle with this IT stuff.

yea as they said you would probably get more if you broke the car ass it would only be an vw nut who would pay that amount for a golf vr6, but if you removed some of the more desireable stuf like the charger and interior you could sell the golf standard and the other stuff seperate

• 2 weeks later...