Gbox rebuild. How much?

Was out for a drive today and noticed a slight whine from the gearbox area when on throttle, so how much would a gearbox rebuild cost to get done, from someone like stealth for example. Id be removing the gearbox myself and sending it to them.

And anyone know if theres any special tools needed for vw boxes, as i might do it myself if not. Have access to pullers for doing toyota gearboxes from work which would hopefully do the job. If doing myself id only be changing bearings, synchros are all fine at the mo.

Cars really starting to piss me off now, finished engine rebuild just before xmas, then cracked one of my wheels in january, and now this. Also needs brakes all round and a few rusty bit sorted. Wallets not happy, lol The suspensions too bloody high aswell but i suppose thats not the cars fault ;)

LOL modded car are shit and kill the money.... Rebuild costs alot. 2nd hand box would be alot cheeper. Only time id get a gearbox rebuilt is if im having LSD or final drive 5th gear built into it....

Would love to do it myself tho... If you do rebuild yours do you fancy making a step by step thead on hear....

Yeah 2nd hand box probs would be best option. Would like to get this one rebuilt with an LSD but got to set my priorities, i.e. making sure i can stop! lol

May get used one for now, then rebuild my one with and LSD sometime in the future when the rest of the cars sorted (or more likley leave it sittin gathering dust in the garage for the next decade). Probs would do a guide on here, would have doe when i did my engine rebuild but didnt take any photos!