VR6 engine not starting- oil light flashing- please help.

Hello,

wondering if anyone can help,

2 weeks back i had a accident in my mk3 vr6 (SC if it makes any difference)

Now the damage was to the driver side wing and front bumper mainly.

on the nite it started fine to get onto the low loader for delivery to my house and before that when i was trying to get the car of the low embankment.

Ive tried it since in the last week or so and it wont start.

Turn the ignition to the point were all dash lights turn on (no flashing oil light)

Turn the ignition to the point to start- engine chugs away but doesnt fire- whilst this happens the oil light starts flashing.

ive check fuel (1/3 fuel), check the oil levels which are fine.

looking under the bumper can see the the carbonio air filter (filter only is damaged) this now sits near the bottom due to the charger.

Can anyone help as i would like to have her repaired but only if its running properly :(

T

• 1 month later...

Went to have a look at this tonight, and scanned it on the VagCom and it doesn't seem to bring up any faults apart from the ABS.

But when scanning it doesn't bring up the chassis number or the other details like montronic etc.. Why would that be.

Can you still scan the ECU even if it has been remapped.

My thought would be that the wire from the oil pressure switch has been disconnected or severed. Oil pressure switches are closed when the engine is not running (to make the light switch on) and are opened by oil pressure to make it switch off. So worth checking that. If the wire does appear to be connected, remove the wire, turn the ignition on and get someone to look at the dash lights when you touch it to earth, this should hopefully light up the oil light. Can't remember what the oil light does on a well vr6 when starting (help please?) but it sounds like the flashing light is a no pressure warning.

Sanky, a bit strange as it came up with no info, do you know who remapped it? I know that C2 ECU's are scannable after reading a few posts on here, and it still comes up with full details + a C2 motorports title, but can't vouch for anybody elses work.

Thanks Sanky for coming down, much appreciated.

The following were the things we thought it mite be, damp on coilpack or ecu terminals or complete replacements. damp on the lead terminals.

Devildub_06 - the car when trying to start sometimes will flash the oil light. i have checked the oil, it is good. no signs of any leaks to engine and sump.

so the oil pressure switch sounds like a good thing to check.

Sanky may be coming down tomorrow pending weather so we will have a look again.

thanks again for all your suggestions, keep em coming ;)

Taz