stereo wiring diagram for a '93 golf vr6

just wondering if anybody has got a scan/link to a wiring diagram for stereo because the wiring in my new addition leaves a lot to be desired, and i've got a kenwood screaming to be fitted, also whats the best type of connectors to join the wires ? spade or them bullet things (free from work!)

[ Edited ]

ok, the original speaker wiring works like this...

the fronts - one wire goes from h/unit to dash speaker, then another goes from the dash speaker down through the big plug into the door speaker.

rear (3dr) - wire goes straight from h/unit to main speaker, then another wire comes from main speaker upto the tweeter.

just buy the adapter for the car, for the kenwood H/U Look on the adapter and it will obviousl Look at the adapter and you will figure out the wiring for the car, one block will have Constant live(normally RED) Then switching live(yellow) Negative(black) Amp remote(blue) Tel Mute(yellow and Black) Orange(another +) Then plug it into the loom of the car and note which is what. The other block will be all the speaker cables, easy really :)

If you go to halfords and buy the connector blocks for a mk3 golf ( £10 ish ) all the coloured wires on the connector blocks should match the ones on your car , just join the same coloured wires together , saves alot of time and head scratching .

Right ive checked for you , bare with me as someone at some point has cut the original plug off the loom and someone else has joined one back on again so ive had to trace the wire to the back of the dash . My advise is use a current tester aswell as the power leads are the same colour as a couple of the speaker lead

kenwood loom = golf loom

black = brown

yellow = red/white

red = brown/red

orange/white = white

speakers

green = green/blue

green/black = brown/red

white = brown/white

white/black = red/white

grey = brown/blue

grey/black = black

purple = brown/black

purple/black = red/green

exellent, thankyou very much, i did manage to look inside the speaker grills today but there were 2 sets of wires to the rears,as expected, but strangely both sides were the same colour :o so will now have another look behind the h/u tomorrow and see what i can work out,

and yes i have tester..

thanks again for that :P

right have done this,but still no worky, had the plug out what a sod of a job getting it back in ! and now the bloody window doesn't work, will have to have another look tomorrow and spray them with wd40,

i presume this makes a better contact with the terminals ?