Car wont start after fitting chip...

I got a chip through a friend. Was originally purchased from ChippedUK. I've fitted the chip myself & now my car wont start. When the ignition is on a buzzing noise sounds. The starter motor turns but it wont fire up. I'm guessing that there might be an issue with the immobiliser. Anyone know where i've gone wrong?

where both ecus the same part number?

Only changed the chip' date=' Not ecu.

put the other one back in and see if it starts...sounds like the chip was for an obd1 and yours is maybe obd2 or vice versa.

My car is 94 so guess it's obd1. Didn't think that obd2 got any gains from being chipped.

• 1 month later...

have you put a socket holder in or jjust soldered direct to the pcb? i broke some print on mine when i fitted a chip/holder it was a nervy 2 hours repairing the print at work i can tell you lol

I think 94's came surface mounted so a socket would be the only option. Earlier models have sockets from factory. I fooked my old chip when fitting the new one, well I had to :(

have you put a socket holder in or jjust soldered direct to the pcb? i broke some print on mine when i fitted a chip/holder it was a nervy 2 hours repairing the print at work i can tell you lol

I have soldered a socket in & now neither chip works. Whats the print?