Different tyres on the same car..

All,

I was wondering if anyone had any useful links to why it is best to have the same tryes on each corner of the car. I know people talk about it's fine as long as same tyres are on same axle. But..

I recall something inparticular about the different tread patterns and grip levels and all that malarky. I think there was even a thing on top/5th gear where they did a little demo on a wet corner of a track. I don't suppose anyone has that link anywhere??

Anyway. If anyone has anythig it would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

yeah, I just need to convince my company that they cannot put one brand x on with 3 brand Y. I also know to my personal expense that different brands work differently under differnt conditions on different axles.... (got the scars...)

I am in need of some definate links or direction to get the info. Ideally all 4 is best - what ever brand. In the perfect worl I will find that link of film that fifth/top gear did with the different tyres on front and rear and proved all is not good with the mix of treads....

Any help would be great as they will not believe me..... cheers

It is best to keep tyres in sets. Or at the very least. The same on each axle.

Nerver mix tyres if different size ie: rolling radious.

Mixing tyres of differing compounds can also upset

your abs and stability.

LoL im on 55 profile Runway skidmaster on the front and 65 profile bobs your uncle ditchfinders on the back :D:P