Dont you just hate it when this happens!!!!

Just brought a secondhand passenger side headlight, as my vr came with a gti lamp on that side. So i got it a few days ago and thought, as im going to put it on i might aswell take the other vr lamp off and paint the insides [non-reflective parts] black, as i quite like the look.

Anyway, ill get to the point, just finshed, opening, painting and resealing....let them both dry and they looked great! Put them on, no problems, piece of cake, then i went to connect the loom to the back of the new lamp and guess what,... what a supprise, its a diffent f&&king plug!!!! ARRRRG.

So i guess either the plugs are different on new vr's [as mines a 1992] or possibly that its a cross over lamp, ie one that is on certain gti's? but look the same as the vr6.

Can anybody please tell me if i can just get a different loom or an adapter or something... as needless to say, i cant really be arsed to by another lamp and paint theat one and then be left with another painted one thats f&&king useless.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. thanks.

Yes there is, to convert a flat four socket to an oval one.

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1201273383_2196_FT215571_hella.jpg]1201273383_2196_FT215571_hella_.jpg[/lightbox]

My guess is you can get them VW although I can't find the part no. Or find the Hella number on any website that isn't Russian *-)

I have some on my VR at home so can check over the weekend to see what #s they have on them.

thanks mate! :)

they are 8x16 D90's with 205/45 tyres on.

not sure how much it is lowered by as its on coilovers so i dropped it a bit at at time till it was right! :-d

the rear arches have been rolled so they don't rub at all on the rear, otherwise they would have done for sure.