been looking at 16's but there is more choice in 17's, plus i cant really find something i like in 16's. only borbet a in 7.5x16 with a nice stretched tyre but i cant afford them, was thinking of something along the lines of wheels tha look like my original bbs just a bit bigger and cleaner

borbets type As are very sexy lol, Ive got 17" 8" wide repila VW Santa Monica thingys, See left in little pic, There not my wheels of choice, I want some wide deep dish euro wheels yet £££££££

16s or 17s on a mk3 imo, 18s are to big

Mine where only £325 new without tyres and i think they look very good for the money!

Personal choice bro and depends on how you drive. I never thought I'd miss 16s, but with 17s you just can't drive as hard without having her look like shes on stilts. 16s, nice and low with plenty arch room still, stiff coilies and some nice hard driving. 17s look super good as they fill the arches but like I say, not that nice to drive.

Also, don't over stretch your tyres, they look cool but drive worse, imo. more grip, more fun.

Also' date=' don't over stretch your tyres, they look cool but drive worse, imo. more grip, more fun.

[/quote']

Totaly agree with that, ive got 215/40 r17s on mine, with stetch tyres id be worryed about them coming off and i want as much tyre on the road as possible

I still got mine nice and slammed with 17s and i have mine around like a nutter, I can't get over speed bumps very well tho but i agree you can get lower on 16s! Wouldn't say that 17s didn't handle as well tho?? One thing i did miss was the acceration

Hears a better pic of my wheels on my old car I was on about, You can't get low and have perfix wheel to arch aliment on 17s tho

[img:width=600]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee292/bass_junkey1/redmk3dank.jpg[/img:width=600]

Alright geeza, Umm et is 38 i think and there 8" wide on the inside where the bands of the trye sit, 8.5" from outside to outside.

My tyres dont rub but I did have to grind the lip down on the rear archs and then I rolled the lip over anyway,

Front wheels rub on the chassie leg alittle bit on fully lock but dont damage them, On the rear the arch sticks out about 15mm wider than the wheel and the fronts are pritty much flush, Im putting 10mm spacers on the front and 13mm spacers on the rear and hopfully it still wont rub,

Et 17 is abit hectic tho but you might be sound with 16, Hope this helps Tom

Yeah, in a bit of a pickle. 7j aint wide at all but the et makes em sit more like 8.5s and most dudes roll 195/205 rubber to stay in the arches. I just fancied a bit of ledge but no thinking the figures are in my favour. Might just go 205 instead, as much tread as I can get.

lol, Cheers chap :-d I did love the my red golf.

Got a black one now, When I owned the red one i wanted a respary in black, Now i got a black one i want my red one back lol. Oh well!!!!!!!

There was 2 cars but the other one wasn't worthy of been in the pic lol, Car was full of people and tents and still didn't rub lol, Dog was totaly random, donno where it came from.

That was in wales, My god the roads are sick down there :-d and theres a beach to get sidways on in Borth