YO

hey dudes i went to have a muffler put on today and it isnt that loud i honestly thought it would be much Louder....the whole exhaust system is still stock ..Its just the muffler on the back.. im also running a K&N pod filter wich seems to over power the exhaust...Do i need to replace the 2nd smaller muffler closest to the cat with a 2.5inch pipe?

some help here gents

laterz!

i mate, yeah as far as i know it is yeah, but trust me it will make it alot louder and boomy and it will resonate alot when crusing at anything over 2.5 thousand revs... im looking the put the suitcase box back on mine as i brought the car with a full custom exhuast on [no suitcase] and its anoyingly loud. hope that helps

I see......well then perhaps i shall just leave the suitcase on and chop off the smaller muffler in front ...so ill then have a 2.5 pipe from the cat running into the suitcase back onto a 2.5 muffler...You gents rekon that will make a difference...im aiming for that deep roooop sound..ive heard so many that sound like that mine is quiet compared to others

i mate' date=' yeah as far as i know it is yeah, but trust me it will make it alot louder and boomy and it will resonate alot when cruising at anything over 2.5 thousand revs... im looking the put the suitcase box back on mine as i brought the car with a full custom exhuast on [no suitcase'] and its anoyingly loud. hope that helps

Yep same as.

Between 2.5 and 4k revs i get an annoying droning noise, believe its due to the angle of the bends in the pipe that replaces the suitcase box. Been a couple of posts on this before and there seems to be split opinions as to how unbearable it is so may dephend on exact exhaust you get??

Ref the legal side mine passed uk mot [your woff test] no probs but thinking laws in New Zealand may be different?

thanx for that i removed the suitcase and it gave me the exact sound i was looking for! Thats what a VR6 should sound like its a head turner without the suitcase on....But yeah it is dam loud between 2 and 3500 rpm ...it also tends to make a popping noise ofen out the exhaust wich is also pretty awsome...it sounds so tuned with that big old suitcase muffler off...haha!