vr powered ford galaxy

ok so its a sharan but its essentially the same bus just re-badged, anyway got issues with pulling away the engine revs but it hesitates actually moving, its kind of like the engine is saying lets go and the gearbox is so stoned its taking a little while, then its like oh yeah ok lets get moving, once moving its got the balls to do some mile munching but the pulling away is getting bloody annoying, ive had the gear box re-built at a cost of a over a grand plus coil pack, plugs and leads to eliminate ignition issue's but now im stuck, any help would be great as i've only got till 8th jan to get it sorted

yes its an auto, i beleive its obd2, and possibly the same box as the highline golfs, just drove it again this morning so i can get a feel for it again and whats happening is, select drive about a second or 2 later it engages, then put your foot down and the revs build up to about 3-4k if pushing hard. then it bites drops down to 2k and pulls away, it only seems to do it on pull off and goes through the gears well once moving, engine and box feel good and strong. if you accelerate gently its fine with just a minor hesitation, i need to get this sorted as i cant afford another grand for someone to temporary fix it for another couple of months, is there a chance it could be a electrical fault as mechanically it seems fine, im thinking ecu not giving the correct signals or maf doing similar, after checking around a few galaxy forums people are suggesting the maf but im not convinced, it went on vagcom before i parked it up and it came back with zero fault codes

• 1 month later...

I agree the MAF that doesn't make sence to me atall, Thats the engines airflow meter and conected to the engine ECU???

Wouldn't think its conected to the gearbox in any way

I thought the gearbox would have its own ECU, and doesnt use a MAF, I never worked of a VR auto, But other auto cars and fire engines (trucks) At my last place we had a computer to plug in and test the auto boxs, TPS would cause the gearchanged to change at the wrong time and a VR could use the MAF as a TPS but id be surpriced

Can't you get it pluged in and have faults read off the gearbox ecu?

Could be low oil? Blocked gearbox soilniods, tps ect

You say youve spent a £1000 on her?? what was changed?

If it was me id change the ECU first (£50) and then change the box for a second hand on (£150) If nothink else worked, Can't see how that wouldn't fix it, But first off id check the oil level TPS or what ever it used check fault codes

• 3 months later...

have a mini fault code reader that comes up with a code, and when i wipe the code its fine for 5 mins and drives ok then starts playing up again, its like the clutch is slipping when i try pulling away hard but when the code is deleted it pulls away fine, the code list that came with the reader dont list the code im getting and its been on vag com with no relevent gearbox codes coming up, its not my car its my brothers and he is far from mechanically minded so dont really make sense, but this is what i found when i tried doing it

• 4 weeks later...