Engine modifications....

im pretty new to this (even though i have owned my vr for nearly 10 years) but want to start doing something to make it different from the run of the mill vr6's, i goto Germany about once a year to visit the inlaws so use the autobahn.. hense the reason for some extra power, i was thinking about NOS to start off with.,..... anyone want to tell me why i should or shouldn't.... what else would i need to go with it etc etc... i ultimately want to get to stage 3 supercharger, but starting off just recently self employed have to watch my pennies, maybe in a year or so.. but temp modifications are not being ruled out.

cheers appreciate the help.. if any offered.

Be gentle like i said im new to this.

cheers, i have a pipex just now.. sounds sweet but i want more lol

i have been to a few web sites with costs for superchargers they vary from $ (yes dollars) 6000 to about the same in £'s.. any tips on what i should be going for, i really dont want spend masses and masses only to find out that pistons, valves blablabla have to be changed too.. not yet anyway, like i said i have had my vr for 10 years, i used to get rid of cars within 6 months of buying them, BUT have not once been bored of the Vr.. it has won a place in my heart lol

http://www.nsracing.com/ < < NS racing

Give them a call for the lastest prices, they are the VF engineering sister company in the UK so they will be the cheapest. Most people on here have got theirs from them (or C2 motorsport) as they quite often run group buys. For a stage 1 kit from them, they if you sourced an oil cooler setup (got mine from THE PHIRM), low temp thermostat (awesome gti) and a custom remap (Stealth) you'd be looking at about £3000 all in. Mine runs at 260.7bhp 221.9ftlb. Its a good starting point to see how you get on with it and easy to build from in the future by changing pulleys and injectors and adding charge/intercoolers, lowering comp etc and followed with a remap again as and when funds allow. If you wanted to jump straight in with a stage 2 it would probably be another £600 ish ontop

I went for a stage 1 just as the safest and easiest option as no internal mods are needed, next ill add a schrick manifold, then maybe go up a charger stage, but im just being greddy really as its a daily driver so really spend most of my time sat in bloody traffic!

Forced induction really is the best route to go to get maximum bang for your buck

Sounds great, i will check out the phirm,stealth.... and have a look thanks, there is maybe or maybe not another problem,.... mine is a LHD i brought it over from Germany when i moved back to Scotland...i read on another thread something to do with bits hitting the steering column or something... cant remember, or will the parts fit no probs?.. what does the stage2 do for the hp? from 260-?

All parts will fit ok on LHD, stage 2 is about 280 bhp. Thats why im going for a Schrick mani 1st, b4 stage 2 as it boosts low end torque, then ill buy a stage 2 pulley 2nd hand as there is plenty around and the bigger injectors from the states for pennies, get it mapped again and im sorted. Think id have a look at water injection for stage 2 aswell to cool things off abit