Now I know Vr's are very thirsty cars, but I think mine is a bit more than others, for example I filled up last night for £46, drove to work and back, 8miles return (50% traffic) and this is where the fuel guage sits. The car was parked on a straight surface whilst picture was taken and was the needle was at the full mark last night, after this picture was taken I drove the car a further 2 miles and now the guage is dead centre of the last quarter, when I first got it it used to do around 180 miles on the tank, but the last tank only gave me 120 miles whilst driving conservatively . Do you think it might be overfueling, any other symtoms to look for?

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1197580239_5799_FT0_image_066.jpg]1197580239_5799_FT0_image_066_.jpg[/lightbox]

Apparently there are two on the thermostat, one controls the temp guage, the other is the temp sender to the ecu which is the one to replace, Phat VR6 recomended that you unplug one at a time to see which one is correct as if you disconnect the one to the temp guage you won't get a reading................

I think it might be this one, someone please correct me if I am wrong........also they are £7,50 from GSF.

The sensor for the dash would be the brown one.

The sensor for the ECU is the blue one

The A/C is the yellow one

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1197665964_5799_FT210455_thermo.jpg]1197665964_5799_FT210455_thermo_.jpg[/lightbox]

The Blue sensor is the one the ECU reads the water temperature from

The Brown one is only fitted to aircon vehicles.

The yellow one is the sender for the temperatre gauge in the dash cluster. it also has a switch in it to control the electric water pump. (this sensor is now black/blue when bought new from VW)

So if ANY of them is causing an over fueling problem it'll be the Blue one.