Not really drove my vr since i bought it been quite busy with other things, well now ive got it on the road i need some help with a few problems.

1 its got a toad alarm, which sometimes locks me in when im driving, sometimes doesnt, and sometimes the alarm goes off randomly arghhhhhh. Because i didnt buy the car direct off previous owner i have no idea what buttons i need to be pressing and have no documentation to help me.

2. the electric windows ONLY work when the drivers door is open :S work that one out lol, gonna have to have a dig about see if its related to door wiring but any other suggestions fire away

3. The battery keeps dying, i can jump it off, drive it 15 miles as soon as you turn it off and try and turn it back on it dies, i thought maybe alternator BUT for some reason the battery terminals arent tightening up, ive tried a new battery and its made no difference, any other reason for this?

thats it for now :-d

Sarah

Multi meter put across the battery terminals when the engines running will tell you if its charging, You want around 13v but ideally 14v showing on your multi meter.

Battery should be holding about 12.5v when not running but a hydrometer test in all cells is the only way to check the condition of the battery for sure, Although you said its got a new battery so....

As for the terminals can’t really tell without looking, Would try new bolts and perhaps file the terminal to see if you can get them to tighten further, Do they look worn??? and the new battery tried was the right one?? That sound like that’s where the problem is to be fair, Some ruff people put screws in to make the connection. When you can’t start it if you pop the bonnet and hold the connection on im guessing it will start off the key. Your quite lucky you haven’t been stranded yet lol

Donno if the looms are linked for the window causing both to stop working but it most probably is the loom, Just pull back the rubber boot inside the door and look for breaks, Slight tug on 1 wire at a time will help work it out, But don’t pull hard, you do more damage lol, If you can’t see any then you need to use the multi meter again, remove the door card and check for continuity ect.

Kilokilla has done a lot of work on VWs so he could probably tell you where to look state away. Ive just come from west mids fire joinin VW soon so I donno what’s the comen problems yet.

As for your alarm that’s an aint jacking device to stop people robbing your car at traffic lights, You need to go to an alarm shop for that pref toad, Hope this helps, Tom

got a multimeter will try that one see what its doing

battery was definitely the right one, and i aint been stranded as aint driven it yet pmsl

ill know its got anti hijack which is great but i dont know how to work the damn thing,sometimes the central locking works off the fob sometimes i have to do it manually in the door,

thanks for the reply