Normally i use my key to unlock my mrk3 golf vr6 but came to it last night and none of the key barrels would unlock! Looks like im gonna have to break one of the windows to get in and sort the problem unless anyone knows of an easier way to get in?

cheers.

OK ive done this before,

You need a 1meter steel ruler

and about 2.5 meters of thin electial cable (Not string it has to be rigded)

make a hole at the end of ruler tie the wire onto it and feed that back though the hole making a loop

Pull the door open slighty at the top, Feed the ruler down letting the loop of wire drag along the inside of the window untill you get to the door pin

Once over the door pin pull the wire tight with your other hand

Once tight keep it tight and use the other hand too pull ruler up thus pulling the door pin up

You might have to disconect the battery as the servo in the door with fight againt you altho you can get to the battery from under the engine bay.

Only takes me about 2mins to get in now. Dont worry I dont steel cars lol, Got a clifford alarm witch has locked me out a few times and never had to sets of keys for my cars

I know I know im a clever bastard lol, Ive got a ruler perfix for it if you need help

Well an easier method would be to undo the plastic alongside the lock on the hatch. Therafter use a screw driver and wedge the metal pin/clip. Excuse my description but it is something along those lines (been a while since i got lovcked out!), you will figure it out after you get the plastic trimming off as you will be able to see it more clearly.

alternatively if your worried about bending or scratching the door and paintwork you can get some packing strip you know the thick stuff you find round papers when they are delivered, make sure its abouttwo and hallf feet long and fold it in half in the moddle so it crases it.

Push this creased end through the gap at the end of the door nearest to the b pillar, making sure it goes in far enough to reach the pin. this is the clever bit you will see it doesnt bend to fit it so now just pull one of the two strips you have this causes it to pull intowards the door and lock , slide it in and out until it fits over the pin, carefulluy pull it tight on the pin and get a good hold of the two strps and yank it upwards pulling the pin with it.

voila your in. i guess it may take you more than 1 attempt.

I have used this technique many times, they teach (or used to) the old bill how to do it and as a cab driver have let many stupid drivers to gain acces back into their car, allternatively if you dont live too far from me i have a lever kit and can come and pull the lock by the lever bars for you..... dont ask how i know how to do this or where i got them lets just say there are special privlidges of having been a snap on dealer for a couple of years and dealing wwith not so ermm honest customers .

I hope this helps . if you want to discuss this then by all means then pm me and ill give you my number and chat to you.

Right by the sounds of things the alloy rod on the back of our keylock has snapped so the key is spinning and not turning the actual lock mechanism behind it usually when this happens you can pull the lock out of the door handle have ago at this because if you can you then just need a long thin straight screwdriver and you can push it straight in where the lock should be and turn the mechanism behind to unlock door allthough sometimes the lock wont come out then you need to follow the other guys ideas.