PROJECT VENTO - TO KEEP OR NOT TO KEEP PLASTIC ARCH TRIMS

I've had my Vento VR6 about 2 months now. I have a list as long as my arm on what I want to do to it but am slightly troubled on what to do when it comes to the body work. The plan is to try and keep it as origional as possible, I have already had some Eibach springs fitted to it with a strut brace and performance discs and pads all round. The car itself is black and I'm going to keep it that way, having the boot all smoothed and a new set of rear handles put on the front so there isn't any locks in sight. At the moment it still has all the origional VR6 plastic trim on which I am struggling to decide on whether to keep and just colour code it or have the arch trim removed and just keep the trim which runs down both doors etc. If I do that, will I need to change the door trim for one off a non VR6 (where it doesn't get thicker at the end where it has the VR6 side badge) and what about the end pieces which would go where my arch trim currently is?? Are the holes already there beneath that to fit them if I want to??

Apart from that I know exactly what I'm doing, a set of Keskin KT5's in Gloss Black will look awesome with the jet black respray and possibly a set of chrome mirror caps to go with the chrome dish of the wheels (or is that a big no no?) Already got a set of mk3 crystal headlights (mk4 style) and de-badged FK grill (just need the bonet now lol). Having the whole interior trimmed in black leather, inc the recaro seats I drove across country last weekend for. Want the car to look dark and mean so will have the windows tinted and a full exhaust system too (not many available for a Vento so will have to have a custom one made, is that top-gear place any good?) Then get it chipped last so all the other mods (CDA induction kit already on too) will give me better rolling road results.

Then off to Santa Pod to wipe the floor with boy racer/chavs.............. can't wait!!

The car is black and will be sprayed jet black. Only having the tailgate smoothed and the front and rear valences smoothed into the bumpers. Was going to leave the lines in at the top of the bumpers. Seen some smart vr6's with the trim still on though which makes it hard to decide. If I took it off would whats underneath just be smoothed and sprayed??

if u take the door trims off u will have holes left plus indentations would look all wrong . maybe go for the obd 2 spec smoothed bumpers and trims as the old black plastic trims dont really brake the colour up any way . http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://designercars.nl/biler/VW-model-846.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.designercars.net/membercars/1839.php&h=320&w=400&sz=35&hl=en&start=15&um=1&tbnid=XQWBXKZFyVyyQM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2Bvw%2Bvento%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLR%26sa%3DX pic for an idea