Replacing whole of coolant system - how difficult is it to do this yourself?

I've got a coolant leak somewhere so would like to get this fixed as soon as possible, replacing everything with Samco silicone hoses, the thing is, i'm no mechanic but would like to get down and dirty, do the job myself, get to know the car better. How difficult is it to do this yourself and is there any guides available to assist me? Or if its too difficult for me how much would it cost to get this sorted?

Just remember when you are gonna fit a Samco hose kit, that they are alot thicker than the stock hose's. So your OEM clamps can be abit hard to put on. But it's not a problem, you will figure out very easy how to make the OEM with bigger opening. ;)

And if you have a leak in the termostat housing, buy a brand new one! The housing are made off plastic, and its over 10 years old. Get a new termostat and housing. To make it easy, disconnect and remove your battery. Makes more room. AND be carefull not to tighten the housing screws TO hard. The treads in the engine block CAN brake easy. Been there, done that! :$