OK then guys, I'm hoping one of you can help me out here.

My radiator fan is still running 5 hours after turning the car off. I only notice 10 minutes ago and now the battery is flat. Also their is a buzzing/pumping noise coming from the top right hand side of the engine.

Anyone come accross this before? I'm confused!!

Chris

The buzzing at the top right of the engine is the auxillary water pump, it works in conjunction with the radiator fan to lower the under bonnet temperature once the engine is off, its quite normal for these to be on for a short while after a hot run, not five hours though obviously. Sounds like either the temp sensor (can't remember which one it is) or the wiring going to it it is at fault. Will have a look in bentley manual later m8.

[ Edited Tue Aug 24 2004, 09:49PM ]

cgraham

had a look in the book of words, the sensor that controls the rad fan and aux water pump after engine shutoff is situated in the thermostat housing, (thats on the front right hand side of engine) its the middle sensor of three (or two if you don't have air-con), its a four pin sensor and is yellow if original or possibly black if its been replaced. I replaced mine last year, abot £20 from the stealership. no guarantee that this is yr problem, but a good place to start I would say....