Wierd Fuel gauge

Noticed this problem with my fuel gauge and wondered if anyone else has the same (ie, it's normal) or I need to do smoe invesgiagtion... I can fill my tank up, drive 5 or 10 miles gently and the fuel gauge will have moved already! It also seems to move from 1/4 tank to the dashed lines of empty in about 5 miles. Anyone else got the same?

Noticed this problem with my fuel gauge and wondered if anyone else has the same (ie' date=' it's normal) or I need to do smoe invesgiagtion... I can fill my tank up, drive 5 or 10 miles gently and the fuel gauge will have moved already! It also seems to move from 1/4 tank to the dashed lines of empty in about 5 miles. Anyone else got the same?

[/quote']

Yep I get the same, the best bit is from 3/4 to 1/2 that takes the longest to go down, but it isnt even all the way like you said

mine never reaches full even if u give a couple of extra clicks on the pump when filling up, after about 5 miles on a full tank the gauge will read 7/8...

once u have got used to it its fine, just a matter of knowing how to translate your particular gauge.

• 2 months later...