I bought this very very very cheap, needing TLC and having a weird squeak'... So far ive fitted 4 new struts, all top mounts and springs... Ive got new wishbones to go on over the weekend. It needs a new rear drivers electric window motor and a rear beam as the current one is slightly out following a bash on a kerb ! ( luckily iove got a gti that i about to break, so the beam will come in handy! ) I'm going to sort the tracking after the beams gone on , replace the duff n/s headlight and pop a set of wheels on it... oh , and listen to the engine...

Picture404.jpg

Picture405.jpg

Looks good mate' date=' any plans? new rims?

did you do all that cus of a sqeek or is it handling dodgy too?

[/quote']

the handling was shot, it had its original struts and spings on ! the tracking was way out when i drove it home & i think part of the squaking is the wishbones being pulled out of true , mind you, it feels like a new car already with the new engine mounts and suspension ! once the wishbiones are done aswell, i think i'll be in heaven ! ( and i dont me the nightclub in london (6) )

cant decide on wheels.. i was going for either TT comps or porka D90's on my MK3 gti, cant decide wether to go completely different instead ?

Looking good mate' date='don't forget after you've done all your suspension bits ,to get your camber and tracking sorted .It may be a good idea too fitting a set of poly bushes to your rear beam while it is out .

[/quote']

teah, id forgotten the VW strut has the adjustment at the bottom aswell ! my next job is to get it all alinged as soon as icve got the replacemnt beam on.. i thought about rear poly bushes aswell.. i suppose its a bit daft not to do it whilst its all out ? thanks for the comments guys ;)