Clutch Problem !?

Well, i left the car standing over the weekend. Got into it tonight and there is something terribly wrong with the clutch pedal. It seems to be resting closer to the floor and doesnt engage until its nearly fully down. This is a problem and its making it difficult to select gear.

Anyone else had this problem ?

• 1 month later...

I bled my clutch system, and it was great for about 2 days. Then the problem just came back. Everytime i get into the car i either gotta do what you have to, or pump the clutch for it to start engaging. I havent got a clue whats causing it.

Yer as ciaran saids your slave or master cyclinder are probaly leaking and letting in air. Also it could be the pipe work going from master to slave. The only problem is finding out with one is at fault. Look for fuild leaks.

Good thing about the VR compared to other cars is that you dont have to remove the gearbox to change the slave cylinder. Simply bolts out in 10mins.

If you cant see any leaks then change the cheepest thing first.

I hadnt noticed the pedal being lower but this is the same as what has causd my problems. See here:

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?205798

I read the replies on here and noticed the pedal being lower so I lifted it with my foot and it went into gear as easy as anything.

So is this normal on a VR6 and how can it be rectified so the problem doesnt happen again?

Nige

No its the same fuild as your brakes, Takes it from your brake fuild res above mastar cylinder,

It could have water in it but would be worrying as it would be in with your brakes system aswell,

You can bleed the system (little bleed nipple like on the back of your brake caliper) and work it like bleeding your brakes. If that doesn't work or it comes back soon after you have to do as i said above,

No its the same fuild as your brakes' date=' Takes it from your brake fuild res above mastar cylinder,

It could have water in it but would be worrying as it would be in with your brakes system aswell,

You can bleed the system (little bleed nipple on your slave cylinder like on the back of your brake caliper) and work it like bleeding your brakes. If that doesn't work or it comes back soon after you have to do as i said above,

[/quote']

could get you a pic yes. it is just a matter of loosening the nipple then push the pedal down then nipping the bleed nipple up and then repaeting this till thbrake fluid is clean and has no bubbles.

A CV boot the the rubber part that covers the bendy part of your drive shafts and holds grease within for lubrication.