Going to get a vr6 but need some help!!!

hi everyone

first of all im in the market for a Vr6 after a very nice talk with my insurance company ;D

I went to look at a very tidy non modified VR over the weekend with 109k on clock and full VW service history! it was serviced 2k ago by vw and looks very good nick!!

Now the reason for selling is because he only uses it on sundays and can justify keeping the car and only does about 30 miles a week in it!

but when i took the oil cap off there was a mayo liquid on the cap!!! but it was very very runny and pretty much ran dripped off the cap and it was gone!!! i imediately thought oooopps head gasket!! but he said it was because it sits and condinsation builds up in the oil filling chamber in VR's!!! i looked in to the engine from the oil cap hole and couldnt see any more mayo! or evven get anything on my fingers when i put them right down in there!!! it was only on the cap and like i said just ran off when i held the cap on its side!!!! i checked the dipstick and this was clean as the oil was fine!!! but it worries me greatly! as im not clued up on VR's at all!

is this a car i should walk away from or is it common with vr's that dont get driven much and sit out in the damp air we have the moment all help appreciated guys

thanks

Scott

Thanks guys

Spoke to the bloke again... hes reassured me that he drove it after i left and then on sunday and thenn back and forth on monday etc and the mayo has all gone!!! however he did say that if he knew the head gasket was going he would of wiped all the mayo off beofre i got round there! which i though was a odd thing to say! definately made me suspicous!

Scott

I think what he's trying to say is there's nothing wrong, hence the slight build-up of moisture on the oil cap through short journeys, that?s how I?d interpreted it going on what you?ve told me but I?ve never met or seen the car?at the end of the day if you don?t feel happy with it leave it, there are plenty of vr's out there!

It took me over 8months and most of the country to find mine but as they say the best things come to those who wait!

;)