tuning caravelle vr6

Well wheels and suspension are a given you may have to play with the offset and arches a little more if you are going low. I've seen nuff surf wagons on the deck. Not sure on a charger but may be worth a look at a std one and see how much room you need. I figure you may have to get the pipes made but thats still only gonna be £350 & £200 for a high flow CAT. can give you some names if you need

let us know how it goes. Maybe start a thread as you go and discover the truth.... :)

Oh and Are you ODB1 or 2??? you may have that BHP anyway

Good luck

• 9 months later...

it should be an obd2 engine if its 1997, you can do the following if you want some more beed

1.Cams - 264 for ever day use

2.exhaust - jetex are nice but not to loud

3.Induction -Bmc pretty good

you could get a charger in there , would be a squueze but can work , once that has been done it get remapped and you could be looking at anything from 250-300 bhp

get a set of coilovers + alloys for the outside bling

i want a vr6 caravelle

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

you are way off!! the caravelle has many differences.. it was desigened to have torque a lot lower down the rev range.larger cams will not fit!! even standard golf cams dont fit. if its a automatic (as most are) forced induction wont work as the gearbox is ecu controlled and has a map sensor and that works on manifold vacume, so every time you go into boost it changes to top gear thinking there is no load..apart from that the gearboxes are made of mush and can only just handle standard power.some of the other things that are different are small boar inlet manifold and longer. the cams are single timing chain the egr system is different and more