quick cam question

Cheap brands of 268's will shift power very high up the rev range and you will lose low down torque, so be careful which ones you choose. However good 268 cams you will typically see the power kick in at around 2500-3000 revs with minimal loss in torque below this.

If you do go for 268 cams go for Eurospec or Shricks.. which are basically the same cam, and provide a good even spread of power around the rev range. I have Eurospec 268's. In first gear there is a slight pause off the line then a HUGE power surge at around 3000 revs, all the way to the redline..(although as with most VR drivers I hardly ever feel the need to use first gear while driving as it is so powerful) 2nd gear has more power all round the rev range, no loss in torque at all. The rest of the gears feel pretty much the same. Oh forgot to say the car still pulls hard above 120!

Make sure you get new lifters/tappets fitted at the same time as the cams.

i was looking for similar too! what sorts of price did people pay to have them fitted and is it worth doing any other maintenance / tuning while the engine is stripped?

At 89K im still 11K shy of chains being done would that be right in thinking?

someone had a thread on doughtys a while back, seemed to have good reviews.