New to Golf Mk3 VR6 & problems on the 2nd day!

Guest WadeVR6

Hello,

Only just got my VR6, the millage is a bit high at 140k.

The car was running fine for the first day. This morning it started to miss-fire. The miss-fire gradually got worse & the car cut out (i was stuck on a roundabout!! ). Just as the car totally stopped moving a tiny bit of smoke came out of the left side of the engine bay (Not a lot at all & the temperature was around 100). Very confused as to where this smoke came from. I have looked at the head gasket and everything looks ok to me.

Right now the ignition lights come on but the car will not start up. I have a couple of ideas to try out but i would like your opinions before i go spending.

Many Thanks.

Guest WadeVR6

Also would like to add that there was a little noise coming from the rear of the engine bay after turning the car off (when it was running fine). It is very quiet and i am wondering if it has anything to do with the cooling of the car.

Can you have Classical Car Insurance for the 1993 VR6 Golf? :)

Thanks

RE: insurance

I believe you can persuade the insurers to give you modern classic insurance for the VR6. I didn't look into it myself as it's a daily driver and so would overdo it mileage wise. You can ask them for a classic policy given the car is no longer in production etc and as long as you do only x miles a year etc etc. My boss had this on his TVR (which he recently had to flog) and it was only about £200 p.a.