Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

Anyway I would like to say a big big thank you to both Jim and Nigel for there sterling work in getting everyone across Europe together - was an almost impossible job and was done brilliantly :) the banter on the radios was pure class ;)

No worries' date=' my navigating bird could have done better or maybe I should just learn my Left from my Right. Dread to think what my mobile bill is going to be like, especially using GPRS to view the webcam before deciding what time to get out of bed.

I had a really good laugh with everyone on the trip and the spirit in the campsite despite about 2 foot of snow was upbeat and really good fun - it was a real shame about the weather but there is nothing we could do about it. I am glad the hotel group managed to get some track time and it looks like you all really enjoyed yourselves.

I was so pleasantly surprised by the weather on Sunday, far better then we could possibly imagine following Saturday. Did indeed have a good time, although I only drove one lap. My tyres had me understeering like no bodies business but at least they kept me moving in a straight line on the none toll roads. Anyway made up for it with pax laps with AndyL and Nigel Pinder, who apparently was taking it easy - not that I noticed :-)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found an exhaust rubber on the side of the road' date=' which must be fate so I'll bring it.

[/quote']

By chance got introduced to NigelP, I happened to be in the car park when he came in after lapping all day with his son, not long before closing. He agreed on a pax lap in his new Mk2 if I went to get my skid lid. When I got back I found him under the car with a handful of cable ties securing his exhaust because his exhaust rubber had melted through. Go figure!!

Hi everyone I hope everyone is well and all got home in the end. My computer is fooked so I have borrowed a lap top. Well what can i say I had a great weekend no a fantastic weekend and hope to get the opertunity to go again. Thanks to everyone who went couldn't of spent the weekend with a better bunch, and thanks to nige for everything :)

Follow the link in Ingham's post and use a translation website.

As VDubGirl said above any flame post will be removed so let's keep the conversation friendly and constructive

Here's a link about someone getting 150hrs community service in the UK for being caught doing the same speed http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/6662143.stm Personally my free time is worth more than £10 an hour to me.

Just out of interest, do they collect the fine before they will let you go?

I suppose now the goverment is getting more pro-europe aswel there is no chance of bailing out back home and just not paying the fine like many do over here when they get them in the states. Jeremy Clarkson said he has 13 from the USA back along haha

Just out of interest' date=' do they collect the fine before they will let you go?

I suppose now the goverment is getting more pro-europe aswel there is no chance of bailing out back home and just not paying the fine like many do over here when they get them in the states. Jeremy Clarkson said he has 13 from the USA back along haha

[/quote']

they were never in custody, meaning there's an hotel bill to add. But I'm assuming the have to pay the fine, and a car release fee, before the car is released.

If I'd known that I wouldn't have worried about the 'aerial speed checking' signs when I was driving to the Grand Canyon. ;-)

Comments regarding the speeding incident have been removed from this thread. Any more comments posted up about the incident will be removed and this thread will be locked...........End of.

Thought we shouldn't be discussing this anymore? Please confirm...

Matt will probably have to read through this stuff when he's back, if he doesn't end up locked up so can mods please remove threads :-)

Where is the lock or consistency?!

It's a tricky one. I agree the discussion needn't get personal like it did. But it happened, they've paid the price, no one is boasting about it so I don't think that we should sweep it under the carpet.

I will make one quick edit though...

Exactly mate... I agree it should be allowed to be discussed! An individual branded the whole club which was the issue (we are obviously not condoning the speeding) mods just need to be clear why they're removing posts... I hope all is well as can be for Matt.