Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K' date=' people, i'm afraid i'm pulling out.. I kno its last minute but car just wont be ready in time :( I could have brought the syncro, but after the respray and running in to sell on, i'd rather not abuse her. The stag is on hold and we will probably be going out in the summer, so if you get the bug and want more.. (T.G. & Pete it goes without saying!) we'll be making another trip.

Have fun and BE SAFE every1!

[/quote']

Gutted mate would have been awesome to have you guys along as well - hope to see you and Graham at the Owners Club event again this year

just gonna put my gb front plate on then pack the car...and its sleetingover there at the mo...having said that its gonna snow here sat/sun.. pack some mcdonslad trays, and we can all have some sledging races.

Hi, I've been reading on the Ringers forum about the legal need for Winter / All Season tyres in Germany in the weather we are expecting. Having been wholly unable to find anywhere that actually keeps any in stock I did a bit more surfing and found some reassuring advice from the AA about the legal requirements for visiting cars.

"Visiting Germany

If during the winter months a vehicle becomes stuck because the tyres are unsuitable, drivers are liable to an on the spot fine in Germany (20E). If the vehicle causes an obstruction and aggravation to other traffic, the fine may be doubled. The fine may not refer specifically to the fitment of 'incorrect' tyres though but relate instead to the fact that the vehicle could not make normal progress in inclement conditions!

The German law requiring 'appropriate tyres' is national legislation only. The UK Department for Transport have confirmed that International conventions permit vehicles to circulate in international traffic as long as they satisfy general technical requirements which as far as tyres are concerned mean only "pneumatic tyres ensuring good adhesion, even in the wet".

So as far as the law is concerned your normal tyres that meet UK regulations will be OK for a winter trip to Germany though you must take measures to ensure that you can make normal progress in inclement conditions. "

And if it's that bad I'll be stopping in bed. But being prepared for the worst I've got a spade and a towrope packed.

Although I'm still going to swap off my nice new proxies, as I've heard very bad things about them in the cold. Ironically maybe no worse than the no name cheapos I can now only afford to replace them with.

More wear left on the proxies for summer!

TG

pack some mcdonslad trays' date=' and we can all have some sledging races.

[/quote']

;-) 8o| :o

Look at what I'm picking up on the way home from work

1206019541_2196_FT191036_large_.jpg

Lol so you skimped on tyres and bought this! love it!

We are finally ready not to try and get a a little bit of sleep! Gav, will give you a call in a bit... McDs on the A10 at some crazy hour?

Safe journeys everyone see you soon!!! ® :-d (bah)

RIGHT, IM ALL PACKED..see ben and steve at tollgate sainsburys at 0300-0315 for a 0330 leave, and ill see you lot at thurrock services, same place as last year for 0415-0430 for a roll down to dover..

my number is 07747 004740, for anyone that hasnt got it...dont leave thurrock without us , please!!

see you all tommorrow, with tea and pro-plus. :)

We are finally ready not to try and get a a little bit of sleep! Gav' date=' will give you a call in a bit... McDs on the A10 at some crazy hour?

Safe journeys everyone see you soon!!! ® :-d (bah)

[/quote']

ooops double post ;-)

what time is that? I can do the A10!