I have had this noise on my VR ever since i had it but i can't work out what it is. If i sit in a gear right on the power band, say 4k, and then accelerate i get a slight whistling noise until i hit full throttle then it stops. The noise only seems to happen a half throttle. I assumed it might be the induction noise of the engine as i have a cone filter. Am i right or should i be looking for something wrong, like an air leak? The performance is spot on and the car runs so smoothly that i don't think it is an air leak but any other advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

I get a strange air "whistling" noise from my sunroof when I am going certain speeds sometimes... even more so when it's been raining. Could be the same with your car. But if your car is running smoothly and pulling strong I wouldn't worry too much. Could be the fuel pump possibly.

Changed the fuel pump the other day as i knew it was running lean, what a difference that made! I think it's just the induction noise, or possibly the some kind of valve closing at that particular throttle position. I will try and find it over this weekend.