My VR6 - BIG UPDATE PAGE 5 - NEW CAR!!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just thought i'd update you with some changes to my VR.

When i 1st brought this a year or so ago i was told "why build what you can buy" by some folk on here and other forums as the car was originally a GTI, but i'm really glad i carried on and now have the car I want. I really dont care that it was a GTI, in fact that makes it more special to me.

Anyway, heres a few pics of how it is now. Hope some of you like it!!

Matt

pict0884yd1.jpg

pict0887xu3.jpg

pict0890cl6.jpg

pict0891xi9.jpg

they are Merc rims. 8 1/2 x 17. fully polished. Had them fr a while but had to have some major arch work done to fit them.

I think it looks really good now!! I know what you mean about the mirrors but i thought i'd give them a try as they retail at nearly £200 and i had a bargain! I'll see if they grow on me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bristol1ub7.jpg

just a quick one from Bristol Volksfest...with yours in the background HiPurVR6!!

thanks for all the kind words. i think i've done an awful lot to it in the time i've had it...heres the pic in the first post!! whether you love it or hate it...i think it looks a hundred times better!!

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1187185484_6192_FT0_dsc00089.jpg]1187185484_6192_FT0_dsc00089_.jpg[/lightbox]

ha ha. yeah i know! the fact that it was a gti makes it even better to me...and i didn't have the trouble of doing the conversion!! BONUS!!!

although i drive it that slow nowerdays and with the price of fuel...maybe i should convert it back?? lol

bristol1ub7.jpg

just a quick one from Bristol Volksfest...with yours in the background HiPurVR6!!

thanks for all the kind words. i think i've done an awful lot to it in the time i've had it...heres the pic in the first post!! whether you love it or hate it...i think it looks a hundred times better!!

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1187185484_6192_FT0_dsc00089.jpg]1187185484_6192_FT0_dsc00089_.jpg[/lightbox]

You did have to use a pic with my wheels in!!lol

I think the car looks great, Gives me something to work towards in my own way.

• 7 months later...

WELL......A bit of an update!!

I sold my mauve VR to a really good friend of mine "BOBVEEDUB" on here as i was racking up the miles on it, and you all know what its like when you spend all your time and money on something then see it looking worse and worse every day, so i thought it needed to be looked after, and i couldnt justify keeping it as a second car.

anyway, to cut a long story short another friend of mine "TOMPO" on here was selling his VR as he'd bought a new TypeR, so as it had a lot less miles and was more practical than mine (wheels that could be used all year etc) i decided to buy his off him.

I bet most of you will have seen it on here but anyway, this is how it is now. I have plans for it but i'm hoping to resist making it undrivable and just enjoy it. might lower it a little more and thinking of maybe charging in and a bit of a retrim!! I'm changing the mirrors/handles etc possibly deleting the side repeters and possible losing the plastic sills and having the metal sills smoothed. I swapped the recaros and the ICE over from the mauve one.

anyhow pics:

badass21wd6.jpg

dsc03137lv1.jpg