installation of aftermarket ecu

Hi fellas i have been away for a long time

saving up the pennies to get my vrturbo project back on the road (several engines later)

i want to go emerald and dont have the cahoonies to wire it up my self, its too complicated too many questions

i feel the rising rate fpr and remapped stock ecu are not up to the job,even after a stealth remap (350 bhp) the car overfuelled too much.

anyone know some one evperienced who can wire it up in the north yorkshire area

i would appreciated their phone number

thanks

Now then buddy, hope all is well. I was speaking to Carlo (northernvr_6) with regards to mappers up here and here is a sample off the conversation we had - it may be of some use ;)

wayne schofield is very close to us both pal ....

hes over in milnrow near rochdale

his place is called chipwizards - he jus mapped my supercharger on the vr an did it from scratch - hes done a few of em b4 , he maps all dubsports , ian birchs , jeff webbs , awesomes non apr jobs etc

even does bmw motorsports track day beasts

anyway lol hes a sound geeza an if u av any issues again smile.gif he da man!

he maps cars tht enter ten of the best also while i was there was a porche racing team car pumpin 700 bhp , the first guy to map a rotrex on a pug 306 or some pug to 400bhp - only know this as was given the mag to read lol

does loads on skylines etc big big bhp .. hes well reknowned - doesnt bullshit ya looked at me weird wen i mentioned maps with an witout the maf! an will i have issues after mapping with all the known probs ive read on the vr6oc i thought id ask n he said " WILL BE NO ISSUES AT ALL as its a basic thing to map! "he had no codes to go off , jus his pc n mad graphs!

! i had slight prob with belt slip @ full chant " im so glad i got a sc" lol an cuttin a full rib off so im due bk for final blast to see the power -as i aint a clue - but he did say was boostin to 8 on the gauge lol its mapped jus no figures ... just cant beast it till my new belt fitted - sad.gif

anyway im typin a essay here -

lol

so anyway - like i say wayne over @ chipwizards - must be about 30 mins from you - smile.gif an will save a road trip dwn south 4 a remap smile.gif

charged me 470 inc vat but im in a auto so has to go out on road in it to to alter the gear box kick down an set it so it perfect

if ya put wayne chipwizards into google ya see hes super recommended even by peeps on the rado forum

Hope that helps mate, best of luck :)

what more can i ask for

top man

thanks for the reply

i will look in to it ,i have about 2 to 3 weeks then the car will be on the road,

i plan to go charge cooler and have sited the battery in the boot to allow for more room in the engine bay

emerald or dta thats the question

i will see what wayne has to say

again thanks for the post

all the best

Peter

I'd go emerald but I'd ask Jon (owner of Binliner's old syncro) as he is running emerald management. I assume you know he's turbo'd that now. However, I know that he had a massive fueling issue and melted a piston but I'm unsure if he's got to the bottom of it yet, last I heard it may have been a dodgy injector.

its allways good to have an af meter and egt sensor fitted so you can keep an eye on things

your car sounded spot on when i met you in leeds a while back. what made you change to aftermarket?

the last engine that went bang was down to me being impatient and running too much boost with out an intercooler.

i coulnt resist putting my foot down.

this time its going to go sweet

do you have an uprated in line pump fitted? i am after buying an intank walbro pump kit any ideas