Could be ignition switch. Happened to me a couple of months ago. I thought it was a flat battery etc and had exactly same symptoms as your.. no cranking over at all, fuses fine, battery was new. And I knew it wasn't the starter motor as that was fairly new. Had it replaced (£60 or £70 to do the lot inc. vat). Starts a dream every time now and really notice the difference.

I had a simaler exsperiance a couple of months ago. I simply turned out to be the conector which attaches to the rear of your ignition switch. I simple cable tied it to the body of the ignition barrel and its never played up since.

Just done mine, bit of an arse of a job to change though.

You can test it like I did, take off the plastic cowl around the Ignition barrel, take a good look at the multiway connector on the back of the Ignition switch, there's a big red wire which is your 12v In and there's a red/black wire I think (memory isn't what it used to be) which is the feed off to the starter solenoid. Put a multimeter into the back of the switch on the red/black wire and try to start the car. 12v should appear on the red/black wire when the starter is cranking and when you stop cranking it should disappear.

On my car when I tried to start it sometimes 12v would appear and the starter would crank and sometimes no volts would appear and nothing happened that's how I new it was a duff ignition switch.