VR6 Owners Club Track Day

Just out of interest would anyone be up for putting their cars out on the track at castle combe if I can arrange a track day for us?

Not confirmed ( I'm looking into it) but castle combe do run days in the week where if you get 15 cars or over you can hire the track and instructors all day the price is £150 per car this may seem excessive but its not really for a full days track hire including instructors :) If we get less than 15 cars we have to use it with other people and we dont get it exclusivly for ourselves.

I'd defo consider going out in my VR but who else would be up for it.

If people are interested please reply in this thread and I can possible organise it for early part of next year in the lull before the show season kicks off :)

Silly me i havd the info all along doh!

ok this is a bit long winded but this is what the leafet i have says

Your day at the circuit

You will start with a detailed safety briefing given by a senior Castle combe racing school instructor. They will explain rules & safety requirements and ann insite into circuit driving.

Our instructors are on hand all day long and are happy to assiti & advise you on correct lines & braking points to make your day as safe as possible.

Track Information

Timetable

08:45 & 09:00 - circuit briefing compulsary to all drivers .

The circuit is open for track use between 9am and 5pm with a break for lunch 12:30 - 13.30

Whats included

The breifing, instruction lap sessions in the schools saloons for "new to track" drivers & individual coaching where requested.

Ok there is a load more info on the leafet but most of it is extra waffle I'll try and get it copied and oput on here for you all to read.

In all fairness for how much it is you do get alot for your money £150 does sound alot but its quite cheap in for the sort of day there offering :-)

• 3 months later...

Guys i haven't forgot about this.

What I thought we could do is merge the day with the vw audi day at castle combe as I dont think we'll get enough volenteers to put there prides and joys out on a track to get the numbers for our own day.

Is the castle combe day a good idea or not?????

i'd be interested but only with the 16v' date=' i think it's better suited over my vr to a track day :)[/quote']

Know how you feel there that why i have my mkII and seeing there are quite a few of us on here who have a vr but a mkII its probably best if we try and merge this day with a organised track day as there aren't to many people who are willing to go out and let loose the vr round a track but are more than happy to go out and play in their mkII's ;-)

depends how many laps u get. i'd be willing to give the vr some stick for a couple of laps to show you mk2 peeps up' date=' then cane you in my mk.2 as well, lol![/quote']

Matt the 16v is waiting......lol :P;)

its torque you need at combe, not revs tommy, lol, and there's always the armco to worry about %-6

depends how many laps u get. i'd be willing to give the vr some stick for a couple of laps to show you mk2 peeps up' date=' then cane you in my mk.2 as well, lol![/quote']

Audi/VAG day is about £120 for the day you get 6 passes and you get 15-20 mins each session

Mat you would need to find out whether you can take 2 out think you should but both cars will need scrutennering :-)