Superchargers... Z-Engineering v VF-Engineering

Can anyone tell me which of these two chargers is the best one for the job. They both cost roughly the same and give roughly the same performance increase.

Also what level of fuel consumption can i expect after fitting one of these little puppys?

The VR6 engine / gearbox can handle the stage 1 convertion to 250bhp? Am i right in saying this?

Please discuss this subject, i'd like to learn as much as possible before modding my stock VR6 :)

The Vortech charger is better (VF). It has its own oil feed wheras the z charger has its own oil bath thing inside it.

The Vortech charger can also handle more boost by fitting smaller pulleys but the z charger is already near its limit.

Another advantage of the Vortech is it is less prone to belt slip.

Personally I would look into getting a charger kit from http://www.c2motorsports.net/

they use a larger charger than VF engineering and you get more for your money. I think it may be difficult geting a hold of over here though as I dont think they have a uk distributor.

It says Z engineering stopped trading in sept 2002 and vf engineering took over, check out

www.z-engineeringusa.com/

Although it says on the nik saran website that they still do them, might be the website out of date, i would presume that vf is better as its newer

Personally I would look into getting a charger kit from http://www.c2motorsports.net/

they use a larger charger than VF engineering and you get more for your money. I think it may be difficult geting a hold of over here though as I dont think they have a uk distributor.

The C2motorsports kit does look quite good - they are offering a group buy on their stage 1 kit on the vwvortex forum for $3300 (approx £1800) plus shipping

They said they would ship to the UK and they normally send them as 'gifts' when they ship abroad so you would hopefully not have to pay import duties but I assume you would still pay vat on it