im still in debate about this, as im looking at a rebuild cost of £2000+. whereas i was gonna buy all the bits and get a friend to rebuild it at his garage. said hed only charge £400. just depends on how much the parts are. Im looking at:

£500 C&R flowed Head

£500 Eip Pistons with rings/pins etc.. (+delivery)

£400 rebuild cost

£??? however much for the rebuild parts.

so i dont know what to do, because its gonna be about £2000 to rebuild it. but if i use Hi flow heads is it gonna cost more because of the pistons etc... i think ill get in touch and ask for a quote.

• 1 month later...

hi just 2 let every1 no its now week 6 and still no engine well ive got the block just a firm specillising in vr6 engine siad they would put the piston and rings in on the first attempt they f***ked up completely and broke two sets of rings and put 2 massive scores down two of the bores x) x) !amazed !amazed .just spent 1200 on the block and pistons. %-6 . hopefully next week now

cool, i fancy having mine rebored to around 82mm (2.9) obviously a little less, then i have a company in mind who are spot on at honing, Dave Rushton. they deffo know what there talking about there. but i just cant find anywhere who i feel comfortable letting bore the block first.