Right, I've looked at lots of pictures of engine bays and have noticed the rocker covers. Some say different things. I realise the shiny ones are not standard, so this is purely a question for those who have a standard rocker cover - what does it say? Mine says VR6 - DOHC. If the wording is different on standard rocker covers does this tie in with a version or something? I'm confused. *-)

Thats not a rocker cover thats the engine cover to upper manifold. the rocker cover is pat that lies under neath teh maifold and is visable left and right of that cover. iv had an early vr with 'VR6 DOHC' and a late vr with it so its not the version. othe one says 2.8 VR6 wich is standard also but not sure wich ones ahve it tbh

OBD 1 have a Manifold made from aluminum or steel i think (please correct me if im wrong) and are found on models upto late 95, where as ones that cant be polished are found on cars from late 95 onwards. As for the script on the cover i have 2.8 VR6 on mine and mines a 97 OBD2. Hope this helps somewhat.

The shiny bit you see is the Manifold.

You can get to this by taking off the "Plastic" covers on the top of your Manifold.

Underneath all this plastic you will have a rough casting aluminium manifold, which you need to grind down and polish to achieve the finish you are after :)

As for the plastic covers, the early VR has the same as you do. Later ones say 2.8 - VR6 and can go for about £40 ( Is sold mine recently)

Rocker covers are underneath the manifold and on early VR's are an aluminium that can be polished up like the manifold. Later VR's have a black plastic rocker that will need to be replaced with an earlier one if you want to polish it.

Hope that helps you out :)

Mark.