Eastern Convoy to the Owners Club meet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Vento - not sure which way we will go yet - open for suggestions :)

Personally I was thinking us lads from Norwich go down the A11 then A14 to Cambs to collect the other fellas then along A428 all the way to Northampton - think that should be the quickest way - can meet you anywhere along the way :-p

Do you know if anyone else from Essex is coming along ??

Ben

Chaps, I will be coming from Essex and still keen to join the convoy. Where are the Essex people meeting?

Vento - Duxford is cool for us coming from Norwich :-d

All we need to arrange is somewhere to collect Cabrioman and GaVR6in and the goth from Cambs and we have ourselves a convoy !!!!

Cant wait for this :-p

I can make Duxford easily enough but am now likely to be going up on Friday to do some organising and setting up ;-) Alright than extra drinking!

The Goth - personally I don't mind going up Friday after work - what time are you planning to go ??

Macs VR6 - Duxford was suggested as a good place so I guess that would be the first choice. If you guys want to meet up first then throw some names out as I dont think it has been agreed !!

The Goth - personally I don't mind going up Friday after work - what time are you planning to go ??

Macs VR6 - Duxford was suggested as a good place so I guess that would be the first choice. If you guys want to meet up first then throw some names out as I dont think it has been agreed !!

Duxford is good for me then. Anyone else from meeting there?

I've now decided i might just pull a sicky on Fri! Seems a fair old trip to make if it's only for one night, so i'm gonna try get up there for Friday now and make it worthwhile.

Ben, are you def going Sat now? Cos if you are gonna go on the Fri, i don't mind waiting to drive up after you finish work. Either way, let me know mate.

I'm quite near Gavin so maybe we could travel up the A1... will you come across on the A14?

There are some services on the A14 / A1 roundabout ( http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=519500&Y=272000&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&out.x=5&out.y=11&scale=10000 ) which would make an ideal meeting point for you all. I probably wont be able to meet you as I've got both the club banners so will need to be there as early as poss so that everyone can find our field.

Right then Goonersteve am quite happy to go after work on Friday can probably leave at about 4:30 5 ish so where shall i meet you ? A14 looks like the best way across so how about meeting either at Diss or outside Thetford somewhere ?? Anyone else who fancies it just pick somewhere along the route and we can meet you along the way !!

Ben

Ok Thetford is better for me, so what time should i be there for? Are you saying you can finish work @4.30 or that you'll be ready to leave at that time? I can meet you anytime on Friday mate, but obviously the earlier the better cos then we have more time in the evening when we get there. Plus we can try avoid as much rush hour traffic as poss.

Right then Goonersteve - I can leave work at about 4 so can be at Thetford at about 4:45 ish depends on traffic !!!

Do you know anywhere there thats easy to meet ?

Then for anyone else who fancies joining us I guess we will take the A11 down to Newmarket then A14 past Cambridge then A428 to Northampton all the way before turning off just before to go up to Billing !!!

But i could be very wrong ;)

Apart from the killer section of the A14 between Cambridge and Huntingdon, I'd say you'd be better of sticking to the A14 all the way to the A45 North of Northampton. It's dual carriage for most of the way and a lot better for those drive-by video shots.

Cheers Goth - thanks for that was just going by the most direct route !!! but it does make sense on the dual carriageway - at least be able to stretch the old girls legs a bit ;)

Seeing as you seem to be the fountain of knowledge with the maps and things :-p don't suppose you know any services on A11 at Thetford or how to find any as searching on google has not turned up any ???