Recommend me an exhaust.

Right.

It looks as though my backbox or centre box pipe has broken. ~:( Not had chance to have a proper ganders yet, but if the worse comes to the worse and I have to replace two boxes, then I am thinking of going for a full exhaust.

Suggestions???

I don't want Jetex or Magnex or Powerflow. I want a very very good exhaust (not too fussed about price) that will sound as good/quiet as my Supersprint. I might even get another Supersprint........it's just the tailpipe designs that are troubling me.

Cheers all.

:)

I've got the Supersprint one Phil, the Stainless steel box, letterbox tailpipe variety, very subtle and nice noise when you want it to (ie. when you boot it!).

Had a Sebring, nice not too noisey, but crap tailpipe options, all far too big, hence why I changed to Supersprint.

Cheers for the reply lads. Exhaust is now four years old. I'm seriously thinking of getting a link pipe to replace the centre silencer, as its about £100 quid cheaper and I fancy seeing what it will sound like with the box out. I can always chuck it back in, if its too noisey.

Si, was thinking of a Sebring, but having phoned most of the tuners to see what they recommend, the answer seems to be the same. Supersprint. I remember you asking on CGTI a while ago about exhausts, and me recommending one to you. I'm gonna stick with Supersprint - out and out quality.

I was a little confused about tailpipe options, but I think I'm going to get the letterbox one. What I wasn't too keen on was seeing two seperate pipes inside the box, but I've been told it can harldly be seen.

Si - do you have a good pic of the arse end of your car?

Cheers :)

Fackin hell Simon, stop posting pics of your VR!!! The more pictures i see of your motor the more i'm getting tempted to get rid of my 5dr VR and get a Highline, drop it and then chuck on some big wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Turns out my backbox was okay and just the centre box was shagged. Instead of putting the middle box back, I've put a Superspint straight pipe on now. It's still quiet until you give it some beans. Then it sounds like a scooby. 8o)

Hey I've got the same issue, somethings blowing on my exhaust, not sure where yet but I know I need a new exhaust as the original is still there and looking very corroded!

Which part numbers is it for a full supersprint system, keeping it legal (doesn't a de-cat pipe fail MOT?)? Also, will the GTI back box be the same as the VR6 version (different part numbers though!)??

Thanks!