Hey guys really need your help. Am slowly woking my way through the faults of m newly bought VR, Bodywork is now looking tops and am moving onto the mechanicals.

The first major problem i have is that at low speeds there is a juddering coming through the brake pedal and at times the pedal goes firm, i have checked out the diagnostics and there are no fault codes coming up and the ABS light comes on and goes of as it should at start up. A local garage has said its the ABS pump, has anybody else had this problem, is it the pump and if so anyone know where i can get a cheap replacement.

Cheers

did you have it on the VAG-COM? does your ABS light ever come on?

It should come on for a few seconds then go off once you start the car.

I had an intermittent ABS fault that sent a "juddering" up the peddle, but i could feel the ABS kicking in and it was making all sorts of noises though.

VR6pete,

abslight comes on at start up flickers and the goes out as it should. The guys at the garage used the diagnostic adapter by the cigarette lighter to check for faults, is that VAG com?!?!?

sounds exaclty the same as my fault at low speeds it seems as though the abs can't figure out what is going on, i get a pump whirring going on at the same time too. How did you fix the problem?

Mate, no pic gonna be up for a while, was coming back into london this morning and the engine let go has dropped onto god know how many cylinders, sounds like a tank and is having compression issues, still runs but lumpy on idle and is running rich with a massive drop in power, any ideas?

I had an intermittent ABS fault that sent a "juddering" up the peddle' date=' but i could feel the ABS kicking in and it was making all sorts of noises though.

[/quote']

Pete,

What was the problem mate ? that what mine is doing

Thanks

Bee...