try AmD (I would say Stealth but they charge £350+vat) for a remap.

Gains vary depending on whether its an early (OBD1) or later (OBD2) ecu but not massive 5-15bhp... If its a standard engine Id expect it to go to about 190bhp with a smoother power delivery

What would reckon do first then' date=' de-cat stainless steel exhaust , induction kit then get her chipped ? [/quote']

Possible exhaust for starters as oe pipes look naff and you might get a few gg too....then a filter be it a 571 kit or bmc so on,....not sure how much a de cat would make to a largely stock car(assuming it is standard) so would leave that out at the mo unless yours needs replacing anyway, and finally a re map to get every thing set up correct...that?s the order I?d do it in;)

I wouldnt advise a de cat because of the L sensor but for an exhausts i would go for a powerflow as you choose what you have and the way you have it. Not the cheapest but if you wanna do it once do it right.

[ Edited Fri Jan 09 2004, 11:01PM ]

Mine had a proper custom reamp, with the emphasis being put on a higher torque figure. Now produces 192bhp/195ft-lb.

I've got a Ramair/Superspint full system on mine, and I'm quite impressed. Makes a nice sound when you are pootling around under 3k, with a nice burble...when yu get the boot down, people start getting frightened and get out of your way!! !amazed

Ben. Phone Vince @ STEALTH.

He done mine, he`s the only one i realy trust for GOOD advice.

It does depend on weather yours is a obd1 or 2.

You wont gain alot with obd2, unless you are running cams.

I only gained 7 bhp, but it reves a lot smoover, and the throttle response is really sharp and instant!

Dont remove your cat, you`ll loose torque, which you need more than BHP!!