Been told my ecu is playin up and neds replcaing :( just bcuase it came up with knock sensor asa false error, they want 100 for a second hand ecu and 50 to encode it. is this likely to be effecting my peformance/timing cus they (mid vw)say it still down on power.

mite do mate but cant see y u need to ecu codin put one on mine adn it was just plug and play only trouble u mite have if its got an imoblizer in the ecu then u need the kay as well, but ecu`s dont really go wrong that oftern ... have u tried a new knock sensor and cheackin the wiring ????

How much is the sensor' date=' as it might be worth trying that first and then clear the faults, and do re-scan in a week or two.

[/quote']

thay tested the sensor and cleared the fault wich is why they think its the ecu.........

Anything related to the ECU take it to Stealth. They very experienced and certainly better than most main dealers! If you are in the midlands then they are not too far from you. I doubt you need a whole new ecu! sounds like they are giving a poor diagnosis. Could simply be that your timing is out slightly. Replacing the ecu will not fix this! Get it to stealth mate.

• 3 weeks later...

well i have an ecu if u wanna try it' date=' if it works u can have it for £100 if not just send it back to me and ill sell it else where wot u think ???

[/quote']

midland vw have one they will sell me for £100 and recode for £50 (as i said) but thanks anyway....

really has lost alot of power, feelin very sluggish now