Hello!

Im new to the forum, i have been lingering about for a while and often have a read through some posts. I usually spend my time (a great deal!!) on the corrado forum.

I am after some help. I have a corrado VR6 which i have 9x16 Brock B2 wheels on. The fronts are et30 with 3mm spacers at the moment to clear the caliper carriers and the rears are et15 but are irrelevant as its the fronts i need help with.

I am going to be supercharging it soon and so need some better stopping power than the standard 280mm setup and was looking as the Golf VR6 288mm setup which a few guys run on their corrados. However i have clearance issues with the 280's calipers and carriers (not the actual disc size!) due to the offset and the dish design of the Brocks. SO i want to find out if they would fit as they are or how much i would need to space them out without going mad and catching the arches??

It seems the only way i am going to find out is to try putting one of my wheels on a car with the brakes on or see if someone has these wheels on their car with the brakes. So if you have these wheels and brakes then your help would be appreciated, or if you have the brakes but not the wheels and are fairly close or even better IN northamptonshire and wouldnt mind me coming and trying a wheel on then please let me know.

Cheers,

Rob.

To be honest - If you are already using spacers then its likely the alloys will have to be the next change.

But 8mm is hardly much different.

Are you gettin the caliper touching the spokes or the rim??

I was in South West tyres a week back and they was measuring loads of things up so that they could get my 17's on my Highline (288mm standard) they did give me 18's but they didn't fit.

Its all about the alloys - so best bet is to go to your local alloy centre and see what they can do.

The size of the disc isnt a problem as the wheels are 16's and so 8mm bigger discs wont be a problem fittin under them. The problem lies with the corrado's calipers and carriers catching the inside of my spokes due to the design.

I know of a guy running the same wheels on a highline golf but he is running et15 up front as well as back where as i am running et30 up front which is why they are close to the calipers. I have also been told that the calipers/carriers on the golf have a different offset to the corrado and so i might not need to space them out much.

Ideally i dont want to have to space the fronts too much as i will have clearance issues with the arches then like on the rear plus i want the 'wedge' look where the fronts sit in further than the rear as it is now.

So i need to try one of my wheels on someones golf to see how far off they are really.