As above drove for 4 hours with light flashing in dash but temp ok took car out today and temp gauge starting to rise with light still flashing.

Silly question could i need to put in some water? I have not checked because car is at my friends until i get road tax.

CHEERS

VIRGIN

er....yeah possibly? the level sensors can be very sensitive, but driving for four hours!!!! and ignoring it could cause major major damage mate, if its got low or no water your asking for a warped head, craked block untold, the lights flash for a reason!!!!

red lights flashing = bad

no flashing red lights = good

You could have no coolant in the expansion tank (would cause the light to flash) but still have enough to cool the engine (possibly). But driving for 4 hours with the light flashing is asking for trouble, even if the gauge says the temp is ok. Could just be a fault sensor but better to be safe than sorry in these circumstances!

How can i possibly have no water when driving for 4 hours the temp stayed dead centre and yes it does work because it went up slightly today.

Its a new car to you so how do you know the gauge works properly? if its full up to max on the header bottle and flowing around the whole engine properly? then its more than likely a faulty temp sender on the bottle or a broken/disconected wire maybe?

i think everyone whos posted is just trying to look out for your wallet and engine mate, i wouldnt drive mine far if it was doing that thats for sure! its asking for trouble

• 2 weeks later...