Has anybody had any work done by Chips Away or a similar company?

Just had a quote to sort some things out. 4 Scratches and a bumper scuff for £300.

Does that sounds reasonable? They are going to do some stone chips for me for free as well.

chips away are good rich id rate em , had a few bits and bobs done on my motor with no complaints.. pretty thorough and very professional .

not sure about the price tho mate at a glance id say yeah not a bad one depending on how deep the scratches are..

good luck . ben

One deep scratch (down to the undercoat), the others are noticeable but not as deep.

Started at £120 for the first one then he said £45 each for the others.

Booked in for Wednesday. Cant wait to see what it looks like. :-)

Do you recon I need to have the car clean before I take it around? Stupid question probably. 8o)

yeah mate not a bad price that u got quoted then.. probly will be best to clean her before, although they'll probably clean affected area's before the job. hope u get good results rich let us know how they do. :)

Try your local spray shops before jumping the gun here you may be surprised, because remember that the "chip" companies have to fade or bloom the paint in order to make the paint match and blend in to the surrounds, wherby for the 40-50 notes you may be able to get the whole panel fully paint i.e individually... I have a friend up here that is superb at "blending" :D ask him to paint a full motor and that's a different tale... &|

Just got car back from Chips Away, wow! Excellent job, will double check it tommorow morning when there is better light. Im happy now. :-)

He was asking me about Castle Coombe and stuff as well, really nice bloke.

All done in a day. :-)