I wanted to improve the squishy ride of my VR and decided upon Eibach springs with a 30mm drop. As the previous owner had replace the OEM dampers 18mths ago I decided to keep them as this reduced the cost of the upgrade. Was a bit worried that there would be an imbalance in suspension performance but this is not the case.

With my new setup, I find the car rides smoother over small bumps but holds the road WAY better when cornering - taking corners at speed and under acceleration a lot more confidently now. The 30mmm drop gives the car a very subtle change in stance - much prefer the stealth look on my motors. With an uprated anti roll bar, I think the suspension will be perfect for fast road.

Hmm, better get round to changing my signature pic..

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you are happy with your modestly priced upgrade. On my Corrado, I have the Koni shock and Eibach spring combo, which I find works ok (although looking to upgrade to coilovers at the mo').

You will find that the anti-roll bar upgrade is the single biggest improvement you can do, though. I did these (Eibach ARBs) even before changing from stock suspension, and the difference was amazing. Much flater through corners, yet the suspension remained quiet and supple. Defo' recommend the ARB upgrade.